De Smet Jesuit Cross Country

De Smet Jesuit Cross Country
Granite City 2015 - Second Place

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Conversation



This week I interviewed fan favorite Chris France (2008).

AP: Where are you at and what are you studying?
CF: I am at University of Central Missouri and I am majoring in biology.

AP: Do you enjoy running for UCM?
CF: Yes I do enjoy running for UCM. The team is extemely close and the people on the team are my closet friends. There are only two teams that I would every want to be apart of. The Desmet team and the UCM team. I couldn't imagine being on any other teams.

AP: How is it different than De Smet?
CF: There are a lot of very good looking girls on the team and DeSmet just had a much of dudes. Also, in high school I got to run with some of the best in the state and train with them but now I am on the same team as some of the best in the nation. I get to train, eat dinner with, hang out with all americans and national champions so its pretty interesting. Its like wow man I am on the same team as these guys.

AP: Where have you traveled with the team?
CF: I have travelled to some places in Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Illinois, and Colorado with the team. Its a fun time.

AP:You are by far the alum who comes around the most, why do you enjoy coming back so much?
CF: I love coming back and hanging out with the team. I like to come back and hang out with my friends i guess.

AP: Why is it imporant for you to go to both state xc and track every year since you have graduated?
CF: It is important to for me because I get to come cheer on my teammates and hopefully by me being there cheering I can help you guys have a better performance. I like to see my teammates compete. It motivates me and the atmosphere and vibes at those races are rare and it just gives me a huge rush.

AP: What is your proudest accomplishment as a high school runner?
CF: This is difficult to answer. There are many experiences that have made me extremely pround. To name off one it would be my pr I ran at districts my senior year. Running a pr is always an accomplishment. Or it may be doing the 10 x 400 workout my junior year on a Saturday before a soccer game. I think it was our fourth and final 10 x 400 workout of the cross season. I remember I had a really good workout and so did the rest of the team. When everyone on the team is having an amazing workout day or long run day it is just so beautiful. That feeling that consumes your body is absolutely amazing, words can not explain it.

AP: What is the craziest made up story you have ever gotten a DeSmet runner to believe?
CF: That I was professional at Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and ranked in the top 25 at playing the game.

AP:How about yesterday with the Varsity getting second and beating 2 ranked teams at districts?
CF: Thats great but now it is time to beat ranked teams at State. You guys should know that your a team to compete with and just go out there and race hard at sectionals and state.

AP: Advice for the guys as there are only 2 races left?
CF: Just be in the pursuit of happiness for these next two races and everything else much further down the road. You guys are a very strong and tight team and anyone can see that through this blog or at practice so just go out there and race hard at sectionals and state for your team. Racing is special so make these last races memorable.

AP:See you at State?
CF: There might be a chance I'll be in Fort Hays, Kansas but mostly I'll be at state. I'm going to do my best to make it.

AP: What do you think of this blog and how often do you read it?
CF: I love this blog and I read it about two to three times a week.

AP: Kobe or LeBron
CF: Kobe

2 comments: