De Smet Jesuit Cross Country

De Smet Jesuit Cross Country
Granite City 2015 - Second Place

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Runny Hall

When the season started to wind down, Coach Traughber starting getting more runs in. That meant he’d go run during Period 7 leaving Scherping and I alone in 204 for study hall. Today was a block day with Period 7 right in the middle. Perfect for a run? Oh yeah!

So Dr. Klug, Coach Traughber, and I went out for a run. On the doctor’s order we did a reverse Greaser. It’s been a long time since I have done a reverse anything, so it was cool. It was different to be out running during the middle of the day like that and I enjoyed it. Dr. Klug dropped out at 5 miles and T-bone and I went another two with some laps on the track and an E2E. I just in time for last lunch, ate and then went to AP Gov like it was any other day. But I won’t forget today. Today I ran during school.

In the News: On MileSplit there was a story about friend of the Milk Table, Krista Menghini. You should check it out; it’s a great story. And she gave an awesome shout out to fellow Blogmaster, Alex Potter. Potterman is mentioned in the “November 5, 2010 10:45pm Friday” section for the help he gave Krista. Truly a Man for Others—Way to go Potter! And congratulations to Krista for her incredible weekend.

Quote of the Day: “You always seem to take me on the worst runs.”- T-bone to Dr. Klug. They were talking about a winter run from some years ago when there was, as Dr. Klug recalls, “a wind chill of -17.” An exaggeration but that was just one of the many rough runs these two have shared.

Title: A play on Study Hall.

Be sure to read yesterday's post and the State Trip post. They were just added.

And I'm liking the comments!

3 comments:

  1. "Well, she mentioned Taylor Swift there, so Potter must be close." Jacob while scanning for my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kevin for giving me yet another shout out on the Milk Table! Mentioning me twice in one week – what an honor! You should be proud of Alex, he really was quite the hero helping me out with the course. Also, congrats on State to all you guys! Great job De Smet XC! And of course there’s only one place I can rely on to get all the news on De Smet running – The Milk Table!!

    ReplyDelete