De Smet Jesuit Cross Country

De Smet Jesuit Cross Country
Granite City 2015 - Second Place

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Under the Crescent


NXN Training Day 2. Today, I had to get my license renewed so I did a solo evening run. It was great. The weather was absolutely fantastic and running in the dark is so cool. I brought my iPod, Isabella, along for the run. We rocked for 45 minutes to a solid mix.

I had a special moment on my run today. I was running in my neighborhood and I thought about all the hours and miles I had spent all these streets thinking about being All State. It was pretty amazing to finally be out there running those same streets as All State runner. The pure joy of achievement.

I spent some of my other time thinking about all people outside of the team (not runners, alums, or parents) who have reading the blog this year. It’s cool and I thank them. The girlfriends like Katie and Jessica. A fellow All Stater Krista Menghini from S.J.A. The DeSmet teachers. And all the others.

The date for the Milk Table’s Cross Country Party & Awards has been set. It will be Friday the 19th since we are off school. It will be at DeSmet but we’d don’t have a time yet. It will be like the one we had after track: we’ll eat, hang out, play games, and give of the Milk Table Awards. All are invited to attend. Stay tuned for more details.

Milk Table Shout Out to Glen McGann who was back at school on Monday after missing two weeks. Glen even ended up in the hospital for a couple days with pneumonia. It was great to see him back at school and feeling healthy.

Quote of the Day: “Good, btw, you are still ALL STATE!” then “Enjoy that feeling, it is something special, I am honored to be a part of it.”- Coach Traughber’s texts to me after my run.

Check out the new stuff that has been put up in the last two days if you haven’t already:
Last Wednesday- Practice
Last Friday- State Trip It's not done yet. I'll get it up tomorrow.
Saturday- State Meet
Monday- Kabes’ Practice
State Week Pictures on Facebook

Leave some comments!!

6 comments:

  1. This is brian brian brian i forgot my password and username so i am use going to comment in anonymous and just say it is ME!! I want to have a night run with you kevin!!!! They seem so special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes special because your running with Kevin and it is nighttime AWESOME/special!! (brian brian brian)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't run with the camera. I just went back out after I was done because I knew it would be a sweet picture.

    Brian. You're the man! We will go on a night run sometime. Just for you.

    ReplyDelete